What do we do?
The Legal Group:
- provides in-house legal services and manages legal risk for the Controller and Auditor-General across all the functions and activities of the organisation;
- leads and manages inquiries under the Public Audit Act 2001;
- administers the provisions of the Local Authorities (Members’ Interests) Act 1968 on behalf of the Auditor-General;
- participates in other operational work of the Auditor-General including inquiries, performance audits, good practice guides, advice to Parliament, and input to new laws and policies, particularly in matters relating to:
- government and local authority advertising;
- conflicts of interest;
- probity and public sector ethics, integrity and conduct.
The Assistant Auditor-General, Legal Group is Melanie Webb.
The other members of the Group are:
- Jonathan Keate (Senior Solicitor; Sector Manager, Local Government)
- Belinda Rynhart (Senior Solicitor)
- Philippa le Couteur (Senior Solicitor)
- Liz Colley (Senior Solicitor)
- Rachael Balasingam (Solicitor)
- David Lemmon (Inquiries Manager)
- David Press (Inquiries Specialist)
- Renay Duncalfe (Inquiries Specialist)
- Shelley Curtis (Personal Assistant)
Page last updated: 13 December 2016