Our international work
Each year, we make a significant contribution to the international auditing community.
Through our international work we aim to strengthen public sector accountability and promote good governance by sharing our skills, information, and advice with other audit bodies throughout the world and particularly in the Pacific region. We take part in (and occasionally host) international auditing conferences, peer review organisations like ours, share our knowledge and expertise with others, and host international visitors.
For example, during 2015/16:
- we worked with Auditors-General in other countries to encourage, promote, and advance capability and co-operation;
- we supported accountability, transparency, and good governance in the Pacific through our role as Secretary-General of the Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions (PASAI) and support to the PASAI Secretariat;
- we contributed to the International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institution’s (INTOSAI) committees and working groups, including the Professional Standards Steering Committee, the project team revising the INTOSAI code of ethics, and our membership of the working group on environmental auditing;
- we carried out significant preparation for the Auditor-General’s chairing of the professionalisation meeting theme at the 22nd International Congress of Supreme Audit Institutions (INCOSAI) in the United Arab Emirates in December 2016;
- the Auditor-General represented the PASAI region on the governing board of INTOSAI (this year, our focus was on supporting PASAI to implement its 2014-24 strategy); and
- we hosted international delegations, which provided opportunities to exchange information and build networks internationally.
Page last updated: 3 October 2016.