Publications produced during 1998
This is a list of the publications produced in 1998 (the most recent items are listed first).
- Public consultation and decision-making in local government
- December 1998: Some local authorities are having trouble interpreting and applying the legal requirements concerning consultation, and there may be different expectations and understandings of what consultation requires. (Consultation under the Resource Management Act 1991 and consultation with iwi are not covered because they have been comprehensively addressed by other agencies.)...
- Third report for 1998
- November 1998.
- Second report for 1998
- July 1998.
- New Zealand Fire Service Commission: Adequacy of the arrangements to ensure that the Fire Service Levy is properly and fully paid
- July 1998: We set out to determine whether the New Zealand Fire Service Commission has adequate arrangements to ensure that all levy revenue is properly and fully paid to the Commission. Our overall finding is that it does not...
- First report for 1998
- May 1998.
- Papakura District Council: Water and wastewater franchise
- April 1998: Franchise agreements can be a viable option for the delivery of local authority services. However, there are inherent risks. Our audit has identified a number of these risks and we hope that other authorities will benefit from a greater awareness of the processes which need to be followed...
- Compliance with the Code for Business Development Boards 1995
- March 1998: Our objective in conducting this review was to establish whether and (if so) to what extent breaches of the Code might have occurred; and consider what remedial action might be required to avoid future non-compliance with the law...